Employment and labour mobility
Promotion of employment among the young and other groups that are in a weak position in the labour market
The actions taken in accordance with the specific objective will improve the employment opportunities of the young and other groups in a weak labour market position and in this manner make it easier for those belonging to the target group to find jobs. In addition to the young, the measures will also target groups in a weak labour market position in whose case the improvement of employment opportunities is mainly a question of introducing measures strengthening skills and labour market capabilities and not a matter of extended rehabilitation. The most important of such groups are long-term and repeatedly unemployed, people with partial working capacity, disabilities or immigrant background, and members of the Roma minority and other ethnic minorities. The aged are a special target group among the people in a weak labour market position. In order to meet the specific objective, the quality and supply of the employment and enterprise services directed at the target group will also be improved.
Improving productivity and well-being at work
The actions taken in accordance with the specific objective will improve well-being at work and productivity in the enterprises and organisations participating in the projects. The actions will also help to improve the ability of the enterprises, entrepreneurs and employees to adjust to different types of change situations. The projects will generate new operating approaches improving working life in such areas as organisation and management of work or make use of good existing models. The actions can be used to support the development of organisation-based skills by means of sectoral methods that improve the skills of the management and the personnel. The actions can also be used to promote the reconciliation of work and private life. The specific objective will help to extend working careers. There will be special attention to ensuring that people with partial working capacity will stay in working life and that people stay in working life until statutory retirement age.
Reducing gender segregation in education and work
The actions taken in accordance with the specific objective will reduce gender segregation in education and work in such areas as labour-market participation, career development and entrepreneurship. At the same time, parties in working life will be made more aware of gender equality. The actions can also help to develop solutions supporting the employment of both genders so that work and private life can be reconciled. The specific objective can help to change structures, operating cultures and practices maintaining segregation by means of choices made by individuals and by developing the operating approaches and cultures of education institutions and employers so that gender segregation can be reduced. Measures can also be directed at groups that in addition to their gender have also other background factors placing them in a particularly weak labour market position. Such groups include immigrants and the Roma.
Funding may be granted for
- employment guidance counselling, coaching and other assistance that promotes employment for young people and other groups that are in a weak labour market position
- the development of co-operation and networks between actors working with the young and other groups in weak labour market position, and the development of company co-operation
- the development, spreading and introduction of approaches that promote workplace well-being and coping at work as well as related advisory services
- the development, spreading and introduction of management and work organisation models that promote the productivity and competitiveness of companies and organisations
- actions designed to reduce disparities in skills and employment (such as in entrepreneurship) between the genders, such as education, counselling and mentoring